Optometrist looking to hire a long-term Optometric Assistant or Optician for PT or FT work, starting as soon as possible. We are willing to train for the position, however, experience in the field is preferred. Applicant must be professional, able to multi-task, and have excellent sales skills. Chinese an asset. Please respond with Resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Back to top)
Are you someone with great sense of style? Are you someone who is friendly, enthusiastic, honest, and love helping people? If so, you might be a great fit!
We are looking to hire a licensed optician for our new optometry clinic in Abbotsford. This is a part time opportunity which will be extending to a full-time position in the near future as we build our patient base and get busier. This team member must be available to work two weekdays (preferably Tuesday and Wednesday/ Thursday), as well as weekends.
Licensures/ Experience/ Requirements:
• Licensed Optician with the College of Opticians of British Columbia
• Have retail and sales experience
• Have strong customer service skills
• Be up to date with current trends for frames and lenses
• Must be computer literate and able to carry iPad
• Confident in making recommendations and have patience
• Believe in growing with the practice and staying with the team long term
Your Job Duties:
• Greet all patients with a friendly big smile and place high emphasis on patient priority
• Help check patients in at the front desk and advise them on the current promotions
• Schedule appointments and conduct pre-testing
• Help patients pick out the best frames according to their lifestyle, hobbies, and face shape
• Take accurate measurements for different types of glasses and order them
• Educate patients about different type of lens designs
• Verify glasses and do appropriate adjustments before dispensing
• Keep the optical neat and clean at all times.
• Do inventory and make sure frame boards look full at all times
• Receive and make calls and address concerns
How will you benefit?
• Competitive wage
• Annual Comprehensive eye exam
• Comprehensive rewards package
• Onsite training programs and continuing education hours
If this sounds like you and you are someone who likes to make a difference in peoples lives, then we will be looking forward to meeting you! We are looking to fill this position for January 2020. However, we will start our training processing December so we can open our doors on January 1/2020.
We are excited to have you and join our team! Please submit your resume along with your cover letter to Dr. Ghotra at email@example.com.
(Back to top)
We're an independent optometric clinic looking for full-time Monday to Friday optician (no evening or weekend shifts)! The applicant must have strong personal and organizational skills, and will be responsible for:
• Optical (sales, frame fitting & measurement, inventory)
• Payment (insurance, third party, MSP)
Previous experience with optical sales and IFILE are preferred. We offer competitive hourly salary, depending on level of expertise. Please email your cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Back to top)
We always aim at bringing the most diverse, passionate, and engaged individuals into our practice.
What does a (perfect) workday look like?
Reporting to the Store Manager, you spend a fair amount of time working with the rest of the optical team. You proactively assist our customers in finding their perfect glasses and take the necessary measurements required as needed. You dedicate a portion of your afternoon to accepting our clients orders and you will be the final champion to inspect the order and validate the products QA. You dedicate the last portion of your day continuing to build best practices by assisting your team with any optical troubleshooting matters, assist in repairing and adjusting frames and support our clinics with a smooth transition from the exam room to the sales floor. You will bring your feedback to your management team from daily observations for full transparency in learning opportunities with the team.
Where we expect you to shine:
● Assist clients in finding their perfect eyeglasses
● Suggest appropriate products (ie: lens type, lens material, coatings etc.)
● Take proper measurements for eyeglasses
● Fit and dispense contact lenses
● Fit, dispense, adjust and repair eyeglasses
● Be knowledgeable of general product information
● Other duties as required
Why we want you?
● Because our Mission to eradicate poor vision
● Because you know what you are talking about: You have a valid Optician License.
● Because you are open minded and adaptable to new environments
● Because you are self-motivated with a passion for the Optical industry
● Because you have a genuine commitment to customer service and making a difference in people’s lives
● Because you have strong communication and organization skills
● Because you have proven selling skills
What's in it for you?
● You will be a part of a team that is making a difference - improving lives by improving sight
● Our benefits will help you save for your future with 100% matching through our Employee Shareholding & Retirement Savings plans
● Receive paid time during work hours to volunteer and be recognized for your volunteer hours during non-work hours
● A total rewards package which includes extended health benefits and an annual flex spending account
● Opportunities for learning and career development through an annual education allotment and employee lunch and learns
Please email to email@example.com
(Back to top)
Real Eyes Optometry is an optometry office and optical in Metrotown Mall, Burnaby that is expanding and is looking for a new staff member to join their team. The position is currently part-time but will slowly become a full-time position, depending on the candidate. The office is looking for a motivated and driven team player that is flexible and able to work well with doctors, other staff members and patients.
Tasks include: Greeting and checking in patients, billing insurance providers/MSP, answering phone calls & emails, scheduling appointments for patients, contacting specialists/referrals, optometry pre-testing on patients, selling eyeglasses, contact lenses & sunglasses, frame adjustments & fixing eyeglasses/sunglasses, patient education on contact lenses, inventory counts and overall professionalism in a medical office environment.
The applicant must be quick and efficient, detailed-orientated, organized and must be able to multi-task efficiently. One year of experience in an office setting is highly advised. Speaking Mandarin/Cantonese is an asset but not required. Optical/optician and sales experience is an asset but not required. Intermediate computer knowledge (Windows Pro and Microsoft Office) and a moderate words/minute rate is required. The applicant is expected to work mall hours, including Saturdays and Sundays. Benefits will be available after the probation period is complete and full time hours are worked. There is room for growth within the company and paid educational conferences and seminars will be offered routinely. Please respond if you fit the requirements and are interested in joining the team. Please provide your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Back to top)
Brookswood Optometry is hiring a part time Optician. We are looking for a hard working individual to join our team. The office has maximum two doctors working at a time. Duties include dispensing, front desk, pretesting, board management & recalling. 3 days/ week
Please email your resume to email@example.com
(Back to top)