Full and part-time positions available at Dr. Rick Wong Optometry Clinics located at Guildford Town Center and Central City Mall. We are a busy and well-established optometry clinic that has provided quality eye care to Surrey residents for over sixteen years. We are seeking exceptional individuals who will help us continue to elevate the quality of eye care in the future. The ideal candidate has excellent phone and organizational skills and demonstrated ability to deliver outstanding customer service. The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to general patient reception duties, operation of eye exam instrumentation and assisting in contact lens patient services. The clinics are open seven days per week and we require candidates to be available on weekends and holidays and are able to travel between both clinics. Compensation includes a competitive hour wage with incentives and an extended medical plan. Candidates may apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please DO NOT CALL the clinic. Due to the sheer number of applications anticipated, we are only able to contact candidates selected for an interview.
(Back to top)
Fleetwood Family Eye Care is looking for a full time licensed optician to join our growing practice. We are a fun clinic with awesome patients and have been serving the Fleetwood neighborhood of Surrey for 20 years!
The position is Tuesday to Saturday with no evenings and paid long weekends off!
We offer a fun and professional work environment, competitive wages, health benefit package, and we also pay for your annual licensing dues (if you hold an active license).
Excellent customer/patient service is a must as we strive to provide a fun family-like atmosphere. Also, knowledge of I-File computer software is an asset. All applicants should hold their optician license, or have held one in the past.
Responsibilities will include frame and lens selection, frame adjustments and repairs, ordering frames and more. Administrative duties will include but not limited to booking appointments and pre-testing.
If this opportunity appeals to you, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Back to top)
Busy, multi-doctor optometry clinic in Abbotsford is looking for an energetic, professional and friendly optician/contact lens fitter or optometric assistant. Be part of a dynamic team that provides exceptional care in a supportive work atmosphere. This is a full-time position but does not require evenings or Sundays.
Pay commensurate with training and experience.
Please email Surjinder@completeeyecare.ca
(Back to top)
Tsawwassen Optometry Clinic is looking for an optician/optometry assistant for our growing practice. Our office is a warm, patient focused, and fun clinic that has been serving the community since 1983. We strive to provide individualized attention, and build relationships with each and every patient.
If you are outgoing, friendly, compassionate, a multi-tasker, and organized – this job is for you. Although our preference is for someone with experience, training is available for the right person.
• Assisting patients with frame and lens selection
• Contact lens fittings and orders
• Edging lenses, frame repairs and adjustments
• Performing various clinical testing
• Some reception duties, including booking appointments, taking payments and handling any other patient inquiries
• Various other tasks
This may be a full time or part time position. We are flexible on days worked, but will require two Saturdays a month from 9am to 1pm.
If this sounds like you, please drop off your resume to our office manager Cathy (214-1077 56 St. Delta, V4L 2A2), or email email@example.com
PS…did we mention long weekends and evenings off, vacation and personal days, extended medical/dental/vision plan, education conferences, fun retreats, and so much more. You want to work here!!!
(Back to top)
Optician Opportunity Available (April 1, 2019)
We are looking for an experienced Optician to work in a private Optometry Clinic. Should be professional, friendly, positive attitude and good customer service. Position is immediately available. Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank-you for your interest in our office.
[back to top]
Optician/Optometric Assistant Wanted (March 27, 2019)
We are looking for an Optician/Optometric Assistant, part-time leading to full-time employment in a beautiful and friendly optometry clinic in the sunny Okanagan, BC. We would love the ideal candidate to have a positive attitude, enthusiasm, motivation and optical knowledge.
Please contact the manager at email@example.com
[back to top]
Ophthalmic Laboratory Technician - Retail (March 25, 2019)
Dumalo Optometry is looking to add an Ophthalmic Laboratory Technician (Retail) to our team. The position offered is permanent, full-time (5 days per week).
Primary responsibilities will be:
• Cut, grind, edge and finish lenses according to prescription
• Inspect mounted lenses to ensure they conform to prescription and specification
• Setup, calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment and machines
• Insert lenses into frames to produce finished glasses
• Adjust glasses frames for proper fit
• Make minor repairs for customers such as replacing frame screws, nose pads or straightening frames
• Help manage inventory of stock lenses
• Place orders for frames and lenses as needed
Primary requirements are:
• Fluent in English both oral and written
• Completion of Secondary School
• At least six months of experience as an Ophthalmic Laboratory Technician in a retail environment
• Ability to work out of our office at 156 E 15th St, North Vancouver, BC V7L 2R1
• College of Opticians of British Columbia License or Canadian Certified Optometric Assistant (CCOA) an asset but not required
Wage & Benefits Include:
• Wage of $22.10 - $24.00 per hour
• Vacation at 4% of salary, approximately 2 weeks based on full time employment. One additional week of vacation is granted after 5 years of employment.
• $600 per year (prorated) medical benefits
• 10 paid sick days (prorated) per year
• Employees are eligible for a free comprehensive eye examination once per year
• Employees are also eligible to receive one complete pair of glasses or sunglasses per year up to a total wholesale value of $500
• Discounts on products and services for both employees and their families
To apply for the position please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, salary expectations and tell us a little bit about yourself. We thank everyone for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
[back to top]